EasyLog - main features
EasyLog is the best amateur-radio log software existing today.
The first version of EasyLog dates back to 1989 and since then we have never stopped supporting it.
Updates to our software are continuous, and in the more than 30 years of its existence, we have continuously transformed it from an MS-DOS software to the current software running on Windows 10 and of course all other versions of Windows.
EasyLog is a complete software, which means that every QSO automatically updates DXCC, WAZ, WPX and WAC diplomas, and with a minimum of manual intervention, a very large number of diplomas.
EasyLog was also the first log programme to interface with the Packet Cluster. The DX-Cluster network can be connected via TNC (e.g. with the legendary PK232) or via TCP/IP (i.e. via the Internet) very easily.
Each time a new DX-Spot arrives, EasyLog analyses the status and displays clear information, such as: Absolute NewOne, worked but not confirmed, Band NewOne, Mode NewOne.
EasyLog's highly sophisticated interfacing allows it to filter out the already confirmed countries, to pronounce the callsigns of incoming DX-Spots, and via various graphical interfaces, to display the Spot-DXs in the most elegant way.
EasyLog also controls radios (up to 5), either directly or via OmniRig.
Thanks to the connection with radios, it is possible with a single mouse click to shift the frequency of the connected radio to the frequency of the Spot-DX that has just arrived on the DX-Cluster.
EasyLog fully supports ARRL LoTW. By configuring EasyLog and TQSL (software of the ARRL to be installed on your PC) you can send (in real time) all QSOs made, and download (in time or manually) the confirmed QSOs.
When downloading from the LoTW site, QSOs can have two different statuses: confirmed, or confirmed and credited.
Paper QSL cards received update the QSOs at the touch of a button, for the relevant QSO.
With our specialised software (QSL Wizard), which is part of EasyLog, both labels and paper QSL cards can be printed.
Below is a short list of EasyLog's capabilities.
- The main window has different panels, from the top: awards status for the selected QSO, time, DX-Cluster (in green), Logs (up 5) and sections buttons
- Periodically updated Manager database
- Periodically updated “Check File” (a file used by EasyLog to extract from a callsign the right Country, Zone, Continent and prefix)
- Set of more than 100 custom awards
- Multimedia pack (a set of female voice files for DX Spot spelling)
- Advanced Radio interface with support for OmniRig (EasyLog 2019)
- An SMS server (useful to send spots to your mobile phone)
- Threaded communication architecture and DX Spot voice announcement. We boosted the performances for the DX Spot spelling
- Free technical support: free release downloading, newsletter, database updating for managers, check and custom awards during the subscription period
- Running/Contest window for the real-time DX hunting
- A powerful QSL Wizard: a QSL visual designer with inches and millimeters support for US and European label forms
- “Print Awards” to print the official award application (DXCC,WPX,WAZ,WAC), You need only to sign and send the application!
- World map with DXCC countries and a world wide locator grid, sunrise and sunset and grayline
- Powerful Voice keyer
- CW keyer
- Single DX Spot window that captures the incoming DX Spots from the 4 DX Cluster windows with automatic suppression of duplicate spots
- Improved DX Spot filter (for bands, modes, continents)
- Callbook support: QRZ.com and HamQTH.com (for internet access) and RAC CD-ROM support
- Backup module: zip compatible, with circular backup feature, backup on floppy disk or on your Hard disk to allow burning cd-roms or external USB disk
- Edit fields directly in the QSO dialog box: includes Manager, Power, Satellite
- Log settings in the same add/edit dialog box
- QSL rules to directly route a QSL to the QSL Buffer, when the QSO is a new entity or it is a first contact
- Up to 5 logs opened at the same time
- QSL card image linked to its QSO (with native support for scanners)
- The add/edit QSO window, has some new fields, and a set of new options to improve the input operations.
- Up to 30 custom awards can be linked at each QSO
- Confirmed QSOs in the Log browser are highlighted in yellow
- Dialog box for field selection and order
- Default QSO dialog box: if you are inserting QSOs with common data (for example during a contest) the default dialog box could help you adding automatically the common data
- Vertical sizable Log window
- Indexes to show the QSOs ordered by date & time, call, band, mode, DXCC, WAZ, WAC, WPX, Locator
- Callbook searching on CD-ROM, QRZ.com and HamQTH.com web site, with a simple click
- Automatic Manager search. Automatically select the most recent Manager
- Band plan for Region 1, Region 2, Region 3
- Communication modes database easy to update
- QSO History in a dialog box: simply insert a QSO and see when a callsign has been worked
- Memo dialog box for each QSO. You can insert up to 4000 characters for each QSO.
- Up to 5 Logs opened at the same time
- Coloured browser with bitmap markers for a more intuitive interface
- New score dialog box
- Log Of The World automatic support for DXCC and WAZ
- Automatic tracking for DXCC, WPX, WAZ, WAC
- Up 30 custom awards for each Log
- Printouts for complete, not worked, worked not confirmed, confirmed not credited references
- Force dialog box: to change the confirmed call selected by EasyLog
- Easy way to credit a reference (with a simple click)
- A dialog box shows all the data for the confirmed QSO
- Awards pack included with more than 100 ready-to-use awards
- Supports up to 30 different custom awards for each Log at the same time
- 4 DX Cluster interfaces – 2 TCP/IP (internet DX cluster); 2 packet radio cluster (by using a TNC-2 compatible modem)
- Completely new Cluster interface
- Threaded comunications and DX spot announcement for best performance, no more waiting for a DX spot spelling!
- New dockable DX alert window. All the received DX Spots are collected, queued and serialized.
- Support for automatic password entry for DX Clusters that requires one
- Algorithm that avoids dupes when connected to different clusters
- Native interface for PSK31 and PSK63
- Two receiving windows
- Macro support
- Spectrum and waterfall tuning indicators
- Bidirectional ADIF converter. Import/export from/to ADIF format
- Converter utility to import your EasyLog4 logs. New powerful features to copy QSOs between EasyLog5 Logs
- Technical support in 5 languages
- Advanced and powerful radio support
- Threaded comunications and DX spot voice announcement for best performances
- 6 radio interfaces: they can work at the same time with different transceivers
- OmniRig support
Embedded Manager database
- Free updates for QSL manager database
- Running window for realtime QSO hunting. In a snap you can know if a call is needed. With a single button click the QSO is logged
- DX Hunting: options to help the DX hunting, you may know when a call has been contacted before (the first time, the last time, when on that band, when on that mode, or all the QSOs worked with that call)
- “Passive contest” useful to partecipate to a contest: QSO numbers automatically generated by EasyLog.